Engineering and Development
Dewey Electronics Engineering and Development Resources
Complex Control and Power Systems
Decades of experience. A deep bench of engineers and development experts. Extensive tools. And industry-leading manufacturing resources and testing facilities. They’re all part of the Dewey Electronics formula for designing and developing complex control and power systems for our products, rapid prototyping development for our customers, and seamless transition into production for our end users, starting with low rate initial manufacturing.
Engineering and development capabilities
- Multi-discipline engineering: electrical, systems, manufacturing, mechanical
- Engineering development lab
- Engineering test areas
- Pro-E workstations
- Project management
- Prototype area
- Software development
Engineering and Development
As a leading manufacturer of power sources for the US military, our specialty is developing custom microcontroller-based systems built for the harshest military applications.
We engineer controls for: power generation systems, fuel reformers and fuel cells, power converters, hybrid power systems, and all-around internal test equipment.
Control systems that meet the challenge
The Dewey Electronics engineers continually design and develop control system improvements to ensure our equipment performs on today’s challenging battlefields, including extreme temperature environments. We’ve manufactured large-scale applications such as mountain-wide snowmaking systems that operate in severe winter weather, and miniaturized controls for fuel cell reformers operating in high temperature environments.
Our generator controllers, from analog systems to fully digital controllers, deliver optimal performance, thanks to battery monitoring and charging, remote monitoring and controlling, auto start, and data logging and diagnostics.
Analog control systems
- Analog computers (Navy speed and distance indicator)
- MEP-501A and MEP-531A generator controllers
- Mk 48 battery charging modules
Digital control systems
- Generator micro-controllers
- Battery monitoring and charging systems
- Fuel cell reformer control systems
- Microgrid controllers
Controls for power systems featuring:
- Power converters
- Voltage regulators
- Permanent magnetic generators
- Current limiting power regulators
- Variable frequency motor controllers
Remote control capabilities such as:
- Remote control boxes for generator control
- Remote controls for vehicle auxiliary power units
- Data bus outputs such as RS-323, CAN, Mod Bus, IP protocol, and more
Rapid Prototype Development
At Dewey Electronics, we understand that no government agency can afford to wait a year or more for prototype development and delivery.
The first step in manufacturing is taking designs from prototype stage through low rate initial production (LRIP) before going into full production cycles.
Dewey’s production capabilities include:
- Electro-mechanical assembly
- Automated factory acceptance testing
- Hot room test facilities
- Reliability and endurance testing